Friday, February 13, 2009

WIPs (Works In Progress)



















Today the lighting in the house was better. Early morning sunshine is best! Some WIPs, a moss green scarf in yarn that is made from recycled plastic soda bottles, how cool is that?

Next is an apron that I bought about 4 years ago from a place in Callicoon called Valerie Ann's. I have no idea if it's still there but they used to sell vintage linen (pillowcases, tableclothes, etc). Some were works that weren't finished, such as this apron. It has stains and the bottom is missing a seam - I love it! I decided it needed some embroidery. I can't wait to wear it around the kitchen and pretend that I can cook. Teehee.

***Edit*** My photos aren't loading in order. As if you hadn't noticed.

Lastly, since I've been crocheting (since May)I've probably made about 40 scarves. I just starting taking photos because I feel that these newest ones are finally something to look at, that am I beyond just the learning phase. So here are a few more that are decent enough to be photographed.

Other than scarves, cowls, and aprons, it's just life as usual around here. My youngest daughter has an ear infection and some crazy wheezing going on. She's on antibiotics and an inhaler, poor thing. Ask her what she wants to do when she grows up and she'll tell you she either wants be a princess or a cowgirl, so sometimes I call her Princess Cowgirl. On the opposite end of the scale there's my oldest daughter - when asked the same question she'll yell, "I wanna rooooock!!!" This is followed by loud guitar strumming and jumping around. Watch out, world! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment