Friday, July 17, 2009

Lots of crochet happy news.

Since my last post, I have opened my new Etsy shop and sold my first neckwarmer/scarflette. This is it! It is now owned by a super nice woman in Brooklyn New York. * so excited * Now I have a million and a half other projects almost finished. Ha...almost finished...does that makes sense? It does to me. I enjoy switching around to different projects. I am most creative crocheting per mood swing. I also like to list my Etsy stock a trickle at a time. It keeps it new and interesting, and all of my items aren't listed next to each other all at the same time.




The big rainbow scarf is one part of a 3 part birthday present for my youngest daughter's friend from school. She's also getting a crocheted change purse (I don't have a picture of that yet) and something Hannah Montana-ish from the store. I think she'll like it. I hope she likes it!




I made this for my friend E Momma. She loves the ocean and the color gray, so I made her a cowl using a strand of hand dyed yarn called Ocean and a strand of gray yarn. It brightened her day, she's going through a very hard time so anything I can do to put a smile on her face, I'll do.

I plan on making a scarf for my oldest daughter and everything else that I'm currently working on is for my Etsy shop. I've been a member of ArtFire for a few months and I'm thinking about trying to sell of few items there as well. I should probably buy a few things first (it's good karma). The only obstacle is that I'm not too sure of the bells and whistles on ArtFire, yet, I'm still learning.



OK, that's my crochet update for now. Other than that, real life has been filled with day camp, birthday parties, graduation parties, BBQ's, lazy sunny days, lunches w/my husband, wine w/the gfs, parades, fireworks, and all of the typical things that make summertime FUN time. I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer. I also hope you are finding the time you need to be crafty and happy!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, an esty shop! Congrats! I'm too slow a crocheter/knitter to do that. Sounds like your summer has been lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete